Monday, March 2, 2009

One Proud Mom


Ella was asked several months ago to "shadow" our pastor for a day. I wasn't really sure what this meant or if it would really even happen, but a few weeks ago our pastor set up a time for her to do this. Yesterday she spent the morning with him doing pastorly things. She was so very excited about it. She even sat with him during the service.

I woke up this morning to this wonderful email which I will be making a copy of for her and keeping.

JR and Heather....with due sincerity I want to state that I think that Ella is a beautiful child. She interacted with me and others with such grace and kindness. You should know that folks were impressed with her poise and character.

During worship, she participated in singing and followed our worship with unique interest. I was moved by her interest and her innocent desire to be invested in what we did. I learned something today. I was blessed.

Just a reminder....yes, I am talking about the same Ella that you have to deal with and raise within different circumstances other than 2 hours at church. But she is what I said she is....also. I knew her mother back when!!


I truly feel that it is people taking the time to invest in our kids, like our pastor did, that helps them succeed in life. I had several people growing up that took an interest in me and helped shape me into who I am today.

I know that when you have people with high morals and good hearts watching and observing you, it makes you think twice before you make bad decisions in your life. I think parents are the first ones to leave this legacy to their kids, but then it is vital that other adults also take on this task.

I am one proud mom at the moment. Ella truly is an awesome kid and it is because of all the love and support she and we as a family have received from our friends and of course our families.

3 comments:

cupcakefail said...

She is such a sweetheart!! Be proud, momma!

BKNRC said...

That is really nice. What a sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! And how nice of him (or her?) to take the time to write that for you guys. I can't wait to meet Ella someday. :)