Thursday, March 12, 2009

10 Pound bag of apples



Yesterday I went to my WW meeting. I lost a whole .2 pound! Woo-bleepity-hoo! I was feeling kind of down about it. I kept telling myself, well it's better than gaining that weight. After the meeting I ran by Costco where I loaded my cart up. Two of the things in my cart caught my attention once they were in my home. The first was a 10 pound bag of apples. The other was a 2+ pound canister of oatmeal. I started thinking about those two things. Yes the thought of apple cobbler crossed my mind, believe me, but what I was actually thinking about was the weights of those things. I have lost 11.8 pounds since January. That is almost 12 pounds. That is almost a 10 pound bag of apples and a 2+ pound canister of oatmeal. So you know what I did? I picked those suckers up and proceeded to carry them around the house with me, up the stairs to the laundry room, back downstairs, to the basement. It sucked! I have almost lost THAT weight. THAT weight used to be on my body! What do I have to be depressed about? I should be so glad that I am not carrying that weight around anymore. I should do everything in my power to NEVER carry that weight around again. Guess what? I feel better.

2 comments:

BKNRC said...

You are so awesome. What a great way of looking at things. I am proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job!! Yes, 12 pounds is a lot! I am proud of you!!!