Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sandbankers

Wednesday nights mean an hour free from kids, watching sand volleyball at Centerline in Blue Springs for me. If I had a choice of what to do with an hour of free time, this would probably NOT be in my top ten, but it means a lot to J.R. so I go. I think someone last night suggested me getting a set of pom poms. I told them that I have never been a cheerleader or never intend on being one...no offense to cheerleaders as I married one ;) I am not the person to ask the score or who will know whether or not the Sandbankers are winning or losing. I have no idea if they are even playing well, however I do sometimes laugh at errors and then try to blame my laughing on random things. I am sure everyone appreciates me so much there or maybe tolerates is a better word.

Last night was no different. I set up camp in a spot behind the court. After watching a couple of near misses I thought to myself that where I was sitting, might not be the best spot. Did I move, no! We played a team that I am quite sure could tell you everything about the latest Comic-con convention. They had one player going for them and he was a Travis Barker look alike. Not your typical volleyball player, but he was pretty darn good. At one point he serves the ball and in typical Heather sports viewing fashion, I wasn't watching. And let me tell you how glad I was that my D-cup girls were there to catch that bad boy launched right at my chest. Ye-OUCH!!!!!!! I think my right side is a bit deflated from it. But that isn't even the highlight of the evening.

All evening there was a photographer there taking pictures of all the action. Why he decided we were good material, I will never know, but he set up camp by us. He was from the Examiner. This morning this article ran:
http://www.examiner.net/sports/x695084998/Bump-set-spike
And he caught my hubby in action and he also caught a shot of what I look like each and every week in case you were wondering.




Speaking of hubby, he sprained his ankle. It looks absolutely disgusting. I think he needs to see the doctor, in typical man fashion, he refuses. Feel free to let him know what you think :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I want to come and watch volleyball! Looks like fun to me. :)

cupcakefail said...

OMG! JR is famous-like!! woop woop! The ankle is gross! Bob did the same thing this winter during basketball and was out of commission for a while! Let us know how it's feeling today, my guess is craptastic :( poor guy!

Becky said...

Yikes, Heather! JR's ankle looks painful. Remember when Marshall did that playing softball?? His ankle was broken in a weird place and he ended up needing surgery! Tell JR to get to the doc!!!