Thursday, May 21, 2009

Picnic in the park

I went to Tara's picnic in the park with her fellow first graders yesterday. I still don't know a lot of people and Tara was pretty busy. Being a social queen requires work and dedication and she really could have cared less if I were there. So I stuck around for a good 20 minutes or so. In that short period of time I had two ego-stroking interactions. The first happened with one of Tara's class mates and went something like this:

Girl- How come you don't have a job?
Me- I do. I work at my house.
Girl- You have a job at your house?
Me- I take care of Tara and her sisters.
Girl- OHHHHHHH! (with a total- you are such a loser tone to her 7year old voice)

Moving on from the little girl, I took Coryn to play on some swings. There were two ladies standing near me in the shade. They kept looking at me and smiling. I finally said hello to them. The following interaction took place with them:

Ladies- Kristen, Is that you?
Me- Um no I am not Kristen.
Ladies to each other- I have been looking at her the whole time she has been here thinking she was Kristen. You look just like her.
Me- I don't know Kristen.
Ladies- Well we were surprised to see you here....SINCE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING A C-SECTION this morning!!!!!
Me- ?!?!?!?!

On that note, I left the picnic in the park.

3 comments:

saywinn said...

I'm glad you left the picnic....you lazy loser mom who forgets about her own c-sections! Damn Kristen...crack kills!!!


Lushi = Kristen (you know who you are!)

cupcakefail said...

OHMIGOD! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Denise Grover Swank said...

Have you had that C-section yet or are you too busy laying around your house being a L-O-S-E-R???

From one loser to another...