Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My yard projects

I have been busy in my yard and with all of my pots and plantings the past few weeks. I love nothing more than being in my yard, tending my little plants. Here are a few pictures of what I have been up to.


Funny story about the pepperocinis. Several months ago, my friend Kelly mentioned these. I had no idea what she was talking about. You see we don't call them pepperocinis here. I had never heard that term used. Most often you see them listed as banana peppers or yellow peppers. Just yesterday I was talking to my friend Heather and she mentioned them. Weird coincidence. So when I was planting my garden guess what I found? Pepperocinis!!! Woohoo. Now I have them growing in my backyard with no idea of whether I like them or not.

I hauled 10- 40lb bags of pea gravel to the back for under the playset. I hate sand but wanted Coryn to have something to play in, so this is as good as it gets here at the Bucky household.

Gerberas are my absolute favorite flower EVER!

And all of my herbs in pots on my deck!

These are the planters on my front porch with Asiatic lilies!

3 comments:

cupcakefail said...

and then I mention the pepperoncini's today! hahahaha! Everything looks great!! Love it, and make sure to update in summer how everything is growing!

saywinn said...

Good Lord -- that is all GREAT! I love banana peppers (have never heard them called pepperoncini's). Hmmm, I always eat them "pickled". I'm not sure I've ever even seen one that isn't pickled. What will you do with them???

thentsi - a dutch game played with metal shavings and pie pans!

Pepperoncini Lover said...

Pepperoncinis!! :) Love it.