Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


My mother's day gifts from my girls


Yeah yeah yeah, I know I am two days late. Our Mother's Day was anything but relaxing. Why is it that Mother's Day is rush rush rush, go here, go there, cook this, mediate that, finally collapsing in a chair of exhaustion. How is that different than any other day? Let's compare it to Father's Day....hmmmm wake up smile at your family, open cards and a gift, smile at them again as you walk out the door to the golf course where you will spend your day doing what you love. Yeah I am totally going to be a dad next year. Where is the sign up for that one?

OK That said, as I woke up on Sunday to Tara and Coryn in my bed with me sleeping peacefully, I looked over at them and truly felt the blessing that it is to be a mom. I have been blessed three times over and maybe Mother's Day should be more about me stopping and thanking God for the chance to be a mother and experience the love that only a mom can understand. So maybe while I am a little jealous of the freedom of a dad, I am really glad that I am the mom, because there is just nothing like it.

0 comments: