Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Terrariums



I was watching the Morning Show on CBS this morning and caught a segment on Terrariums. I think I am going to give one a shot. I love the look of the miniature greenhouse looking one. I think it was the third picture in the series. My kids would love to help put something like this together.

Here is the link to the author, Tovah Martin, of the Terrarium book who appeared on the show:

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/04/06/earlyshow/leisure/books/photoessay4922807.shtml?source=search_photo

8 comments:

cupcakefail said...

Very cool! I'm thinking of doing something with bees. Beekeeping. It's a tad more dangerous than a terrarium and that's the way I like it.
Keep us posted!

cupcakefail said...

ok my word verification is
HETTERO.
hahaha

The Fern and Mossery said...

That's a beautiful book- but it's easy to make terrariums of your own! Check out my blog:

http://www.thefernandmossery.com/

Denise Grover Swank said...

I remember terrariums from when I was a kid. I think they were really popular back then. Heather, you'd be so retro!

Hells Kells said...

What about paper making? We save old tires and milk cartons to make some fabulous paper.

I love that terrarium. I totally wasn't picturing that in my head.

Heather said...

Heather and Kelly, you guys are funny gals with your beekeeping and paper making. Please DO take pictures. Heather what kind of facenet are you going to buy? And Kelly are Michelins a good tire brand for paper?

saywinn said...

I saw a special last year on terrariums and I decided to do it. I made two giant, gorgeous ones. However....only one of them thrived! Choosing the right plants and containers is definitly essential. Good luck and post photos!

saywinn said...

Oh, and my word verification is PULISTIO! (I think that is italian for "pull my finger"