Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A little Peeved with Entertainment Books

I was just trying to do my motherly duty and support the school fundraisers and I get screwed. My rule though, is that no child of mine is allowed to sell the crap that they try to get my kids to pawn off on friends and family. They have them sit in an assembly and show them this scooter(that nobody will win) and of course they invariably come home ready to pimp out all the crappy products. It is then that I step in as the mean mother and inform them(once again) that we won't be selling.

So a couple of weeks ago they come home with Entertainment Books. This is the one thing that I will purchase as we actually use them and get the savings out of them. The books are $20 and there are $25 in our grocery store coupons alone in them not to mention all the coupons for other places we frequent. Apparently you get a stuffed monkey if you sell three of them(each child in school gets one) so I decide I will just buy all three, since I will get my money back from them and then both of the girls can have the cheapo monkey. And the most important part, I have not let them sell them to anyone else.

I had $60 in cash so I sent that in. BAD CHOICE on my part, but whatever. I sent the freaking money in! So I get a letter that I need to return the one book that I kept from Ella's packet or I need to send $60 in to receive all three of my books. WHAT?!?!?!? I am livid. I talked to Ella about. I thought well maybe she didn't turn it in or something, but no Her teacher actually sent her to the office with all of the envelopes on Friday to turn them in so I KNOW it made it to the office. I hate these freaking fundraisers and now my money has disappeared. I have a call in to the PTA mom that is in charge. But I am going to be over the top mad if that money was lost. And there is no way I am sending the one book that I have in my hands back. Forget that!

3 comments:

cupcakefail said...

That sucks!
My kids had to sell wrapping paper this year. LAME.
The catalog went straight to the recycle bin, so no visit in the "money machine" for Maeve.
I'd rather hand her $5 and call it a day!

Heather said...

I always tell them that I'll take them to the dollar store and they can have money to buy the crap that they are giving away for selling 5 billion pieces of crap.

I wish we had a cash out option.

Unknown said...

The books are $20 and there are $25 in our grocery store coupons alone in them not to mention all the coupons for other places we frequent.
---------------------------------
Selleys

white hat seo