Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Update

We had such a great weekend. Beautiful weather, family, friends, Oktoberfest. What more could a family ask for?

Friday night J.R. and I volunteered at the Lee's Summit Chamber of Commerce beer and brat tent. This is the second year we have done this and we couldn't have picked a better night. We all had a great time making nachos, pretzels, drinks and of course the brats. Although after working the stand, none of that appealed to me at all.






Saturday we started the day with errands. Ella got a new bike, I almost talked J.R. into adopting a rescue dog because we don't have enough of a zoo going on around here these days and well our fish died this week so naturally a dog would be a great replacement. After many tears, because I was sure J.R. was going to give in and so the girls got excited(the tears were not mine however), we left beautiful Redman at Petco. I hope he found a good home with kids because he was just like the most awesome dog EVER! BTW he was an Australian Cattle dog who looked part Huskie but with this beautiful red hair. LOVED HIM!

All melancholy we headed over to the Kansas side to visit our cousin's new business, Franchise Mart. What a neat idea for a business. I am very excited for him. If you are in the market for a franchise business(and let me tell you he has everything you could ever imagine and more), call him. His name is Brad Johnson and here is a link to his new business:
http://www.franchisemart-overlandpark.com/our_staff.htm
I even got excited about some of the possibilities and may be contacting him soon.

The afternoon was spent preparing for our friend, Mollie's wedding. Mollie worked with J.R. for awhile and then gave Ella and even me some horseback riding lessons. They had a stunning wedding in a wonderful country, outdoor setting. It was probably one of the funnest ceremonies ever, as they laughed and really enjoyed themselves throughout the service. After they were pronounced hubby and wife they walked down the aisle with their dog. So sweet!





J.R. has a golf tournament today and I am going to take the girls to a walking trail that I just discovered by a lake while he is gone. The perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

3 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

I'm totally checking out that blog site! I would love to own a business, hard work and all. What ideas are you thinking about?

cupcakefail said...

I agree, fantastic idea! Great pictures! I especially loved your gloves. ;)

Heather said...

The pictures are from my phone so they are cloudy. I haven't been taking many pictures any other way lately. I need to get back into the habit of keeping my camera with me.