Wednesday, September 24, 2008

30 Day Shred

My friend Kelly directed me to a blog recently that I have really enjoyed. It is called All & Sundry http://www.sundrymourning.com/ She is quite witty and I can relate. Last week one of her posts talked about her exercise/fitness successes. One of the things that she has been doing is Jillian Michaels- 30 Day Shred. I read the responses to her post and was inspired, but even moreso when Kelly told me that she was doing it. I looked it up on Amazon and was impressed with the ratings (I always look at the ratings), but didn't want to wait for it to be shipped. You have to strike while the iron is hot IMO. So I found it at Best Buy yesterday and have completed 2 days of my Shred. I haven't been this sore in a really LONG time, but it's that good kind of sore, where I know my bootie must be shrinking because let me tell you I am very aware of it right now. I was so fired up last night that J.R. and I even took a long walk after our dinner. The reason I am sharing this is because I believe in accountability so the more people I share this with, the better. Hold me accountable. I am ready to make a change and feel good about myself again. I am not alone in my endeavor. My friends Heather, Sharri, Kelly(our leader), Kirsta and I are all doing this together. A girl has to have some friends to complain too about our achy muscles.

Oh one more thing, I haven't told J.R. that I am doing this. I am doing it on the sly. I figure I'll let him in on my little secret soon enough.

And my plug for Jillian



All you need for this workout is a DVD player, a workout mat or carpet, and some 3-5 pound hand weights. Start with the 3 pounders. Trust me!

1 comments:

cupcakefail said...

I picked up my copy yesterday! Of course, I came home and made cupcakes instead of working out....but I am on it today!!!