Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the wagon yet again


So we returned from Florida a few weeks ago. We had a blast but one thing that was not so great were the pictures of me. I hate seeing myself in pictures. I hate being in pictures. I feel like a toad! Well maybe not a toad, but I definitely don't have any narcissistic tendencies going on when I look at a picture of myself. And instead of pausing over a picture of myself and thinking that it looks nice, I pause and obsess about everything that is wrong with it. So I am back on the wagon as of yesterday. I no longer own a scale thanks to Coryn using it as a trampoline, but that is ok, because it isn't so much about the number as it is about how I feel and how my clothes fit. I am using all the awesome information that I learned at Weight Watchers and am also going to be using the Sparkpeople app on my phone to help me get there.

One of the best ways to stay motivated is to know that other people know that I am working on it. Because the little motivations that come from conversations and questions from my friends and the fact that when I am out socially with one of you, you "know" what I am trying to do and support me, really makes a huge difference. I am putting it out there for the world. I am giving myself 7 months to make a difference. We go on a cruise then, and I would really LOVE to wear a bathing suit and feel good about how I look. So there you have it!

5 comments:

cupcakefail said...

You can totally do it! I know you can!!!

BKNRC said...

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Heather - this is odd, i was searching FranchiseMart on google images, and on about the 14th or 15th page I see this photo of you and it links to your blog. I didn't even know you had a blog.
good luck with the weight loss. as you know i've lost about 45 pounds this year, mostly my eating less and moving more. I tried to walk 2 to 4 miles everyday for 6 months - and eat less. but i do feel great. Brad

Stesha said...

I would love to wear a bathing suit too! Next summer both of us will be the hot babes on the beach!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Christy W. said...

It's always seeing a picture of yourself that does it. As of this weekend, my ass is practically hanging out of my favorite jeans, so I'm right there with you.